These items are required by the state, OHSAA and school board to coach for the Monroe Athletic Department. They must be completed and turned in before beginning coaching duties. If you think you have a completed PAP please check the state website to ensure your credential is not expired. If you have already taken the NFHS Courses you can verify completion by searching for your completed NFHS courses. See information from ODE on the Process.
COPIES OF ALL CERTIFICIATES OF COMPLETION SHOULD BE SUBMITTED TO THE ATHLETIC OFFICE.
1. BCI AND FBI BACKGROUND CHECK - (Required for PAP)
Contact Lori Kappers at the Monroe Board of Education Office to schedule at 513-539-2536 or email@example.com to schedule an appointment.
BCI/FBI $60 (payment only accepted on EZpay https://www.spsezpay.com/monroe/login.aspx). Background checks are done at the Monroe Local Schools Central Office (Bring photo ID). If BCI and FBI check was done previously, please call 513-539-2536 and check with Lori to verify if a new FBI/BCI will be needed. If background check was not completed within previous 12 months you will need a new one to apply for a Pupil Activity Permit.
2. COMPLETION OF NEW HIRE / PAYROLL PAPERWORK
When contacting Lori Kappers to schedule your appointment please indicate if you are coaching in a paid or volunteer position. Paid coaches will have additional paperwork that will need to be completed prior to the start of coaching and often can be completed at the time of the background check if Lori is made aware of this in advance.
3. NFHS FUNDAMENTALS OF COACHING COURSE - (Required for PAP)
All applicants are required to take this on-line course as a ONE-TIME fulfillment. Cost is $65.00 and offered on-line at www.nfhslearn.com. Please print and turn in certificate.
4. NFHS CONCUSSION COURSE - (Required for PAP)
Free on-line at www.nfhslearn.com Please print and turn in certificate - renewal required evey 3 years.
5. CPR TRAINING - (Required for PAP)
A valid CPR certification card must be on file with the athletic office. The Athletic Department trainer will deliver regular CPR class at the high school for $30. Most certifications are valid for 2 years. This course can also be completed online via the American Red Cross.
6. SUDDEN CARDIAC ARREST TRAINING - (Required for PAP)
Each year, coaches must review the Ohio Department of Health's Sudden Cardiac Arrest video and related fact sheet. This requirement shall be completed and fulfilled through the Monroe Athletic Department's Final Forms Program. Coaches shall fullfill this requirment when completing the required Staff Forms on Final Forms. Sudden Cardiac Arrest training must be reviewed annually.
** PLEASE NOTE THE SUDDEN CARDIAC ARREST COURSE ON WWW.NFHSLEARN.COM DOES NOT FULFILL THE REQUIREMENTS OF THIS COURSE AS OUTLINED BY THE OHIO DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION.
7. FIRST AID AND SAFETY TRAINING - (Required for PAP)
This course can be completed online via www.nfhslearn.com or through an approved in person course. Periodic in-person training sessions are available through Atrium Medical Center / Premier Health Network at no charge. There is an a fee of $45 for the online course. This certification is valid for 3 years. More information regarding the First Aid & Safety Course is outlined under the Pupil Activity Permit Application section below.
PUPIL ACTIVITY PERMIT APPLICATION (PAP)
- Make sure you have a OH|ID account. If you are certain you do not have a OH|ID account, set one up following the instructions here.
- If you have a OH|ID account but do not remember the user name or password, click on the "Forgot Password" link on the OH|ID portal to reset your password. Please do not set up a second OH|ID account. If you need assistance, you may contact (877) 644-6338 or Profile.Help@education.ohio.gov.
- IRN - Ask your district for its Information Retrieval Number (IRN).
- Access your OH|ID account.
- Click Educator Licensure and Records (CORE).
- Complete the online application from your CORE Dashboard.
- See the CORE User Manual for complete instructions.
- Please Note: When applying for the permit and completiong the application process you'll be promted to enter the school district name for the Superintendent signature. Please enter Monroe and select Monroe Local once it appears as an option.
You will need to let the Athletic Director know that you have completed the appropriate coursework and provide certificates of completion for all courses so that the central office & superintendant can approve your application.
For additional information on Pupil Activity Permit Requirements please click here.
To drive a van transporting students or atheltes you will need to watch video and complete documents from the Ohio Department of Education.
Work with the athletic and transportation office to schedule a T-8 Physical; Drug Test; Driving performance evaluation and Review; Copy of Driver License.