Dear Monroe Local Schools Families,
We are so excited to welcome all of our Hornets back to school for a safe and hopefully more normal 2021-2022 school year. The Monroe Local School District continues to use our local public health partners and state’s guidance to inform how we prepare and maintain a safe and successful school year.
Below are anticipated protocols for the upcoming school year. If we have learned anything through the pandemic, however, it is the importance of being able to adjust and adapt as needed. We continue to monitor conditions and data in partnership with our local public health partners, and will update protocols as needed.
- While at school it's strongly recommended, but not required, that unvaccinated students and staff wear a face covering/mask while indoors. If requirements change, Monroe will adjust as well.
- Due to a federal requirement for mass transit, students and staff must wear a face covering/mask on school buses. If requirements change, Monroe will adjust as well.
Vaccinations & COVID Protocols
- The Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine is available for individuals 12 years and older. Proof of vaccination will not be required of students or staff to attend school/work.
- The Monroe Local School District does not order quarantines or isolations, but instead works with Butler County General Health District officials in contact tracing and communicating cases.
- Students and staff with confirmed cases of COVID-19 will be asked to self-isolate at home for 10 days from the positive test or onset of symptoms.
- Students who have been exposed to a confirmed case of COVID while at school will need to quarantine.
- Students and staff will be encouraged to practice personal health hygiene, including covering their cough, washing their hands and staying home when sick.
- Staff and families should review Monroe's health assessment before coming to school each day. By staying home when you or your child are not feeling well, you will not only help protect others from COVID, but will also help stop the spread of illnesses such as the flu.
Other Logistics for 2021-22
- Classrooms and other learning spaces will once again utilize more personalized and collaborative seating arrangements.
- Families and community members will once again be able to attend small and large events, including performances and athletic games.
- Daily disinfection and enhanced cleaning will continue.
- Visitors are welcomed in our schools. Each school will share opportunities and protocols for their families.
As we work through the many challenges that are created by the pandemic, we ask for your continued patience and understanding. We have extended the deadline to sign up for virtual learning for the upcoming school year until Friday, August 6, 2021 to enable families time to make the decision that is best for their student and family.
We look forward to seeing everyone in a few weeks. GO HORNETS!!!
J. Robert Buskirk
Monroe Local Schools