Monroe Local School District was formed in 2000 after separating from Middletown City Schools. The school district's boundaries are almost entirely within Butler County.
The district has a campus on Yankee Road for the district's elementary, junior high school, and high school students in grades 2-12. The pre-school, kindergarten, and first graders are housed in the Monroe Primary School on Macready Avenue.
In 2000, when the Monroe Schools came into existence, the enrollment was 1,500 students. District enrollment now is about 2,750 students and growing.
Teaching and learning in the Monroe Local Schools will:
- Be student-focused
- Be experiential and interactive
- Be collaborative
- Use relevant problem solving
- Encourage risk-taking
- Support social-emotional needs
- Promote interpersonal skills
- Core Beliefs
- that every student can learn.
- that our student's basic needs have to be met.
- that growth is a result of taking risks (Risk = Growth).
- that caring relationships must be anchored in honesty, empathy, and respect.
- that work ethic is foundational to being a lifelong learner.